Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Nick's adventure with MCSS has come to an end

Only a few days left! After 20 weeks my adventure here is over, it has been amazing, with a lot of nice experiences and amazing people! 
Selfie with the drone!
Besides having a nice time some work had to be done as well of course, but this never felt like actual work because it is so relaxed and nice. Walking on the beaches looking for turtles, tracks and nests, terrapin trapping and building a terrapin and tortoise pen, these are the activities I have done the last 20 weeks which was lovely! I have seen a lot of turtles and fortunately even hatchlings.
Spotting the turtle with the drone
Spot the up and down track
 Flying the drone was also a lot of fun but not always as easy due to weather conditions. Unfortunately I have also encountered some poached turtles which was very sad, but it is almost inevitable when you work in conservation. But this made me more interested in the turtles and very excited whenever there was an up and down track instead of only up, at least we knew the turtle made it back into the sea safely.

In a few days I fly back to the cold and wet Netherlands and I know for sure that I will miss the nice relaxed lifestyle, the sun and all the people here! 


No comments: