Thursday, March 22, 2018

Shanilla's first day on her work attachment with MCSS


Hello, my name is Shanilla Young-Kon
I’m 18 years old. I live at Anse Forbans. I’m a student at Seychelles Maritime Academy studying Fisheries Science. I have an infinite passion and love for the oceans. I was currently placed at the Marine Conservation Society Seychelles(MCSS)- Wildlife Conservation and Rehabilitation Centre- Banyan tree for my work base experience for the next 3 months. 

Finding hatchlings on the first day!
Unfortunately on my first day the turtle nesting season was already over and I didn’t get to see any turtles but luckily while patrolling and monitoring some nests on the nesting beaches patrolled by MCSS, we manage to see some hatchlings One particular nest had over 200 of them crawling anxiously to the sea, we ensured they all made it safely into the sea, it was so amazing.
I can’t wait for the upcoming adventure ahead of me.


Hatchlings erupting!

the racers!

No comments: